This course will focus on the responsibilities of the employee in taking full advantage of their Right to Know and their Right to Understand OSHA's Hazard Communication Standard and the latest ruling bringing it more in line with the Globally Harmonized System of classification (GHS). By the end of the course you should be able to:
- Be familiar with the U.S. Department of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Administration's (OSHA) Hazard Communications Standard and the latest ruling
- List the primary Hazard Communications Standard responsibilities for manufacturers, distributors, importers, and employers
- Understand the key changes to OSHA's HazCom Standard
- When presented with a pictogram, be able to discuss the nature of chemical hazards and the types of exposures it presents
- List the 6 elements of container labeling
- Describe each of the 16 required sections of a Safety Data Sheet
- Understand the requirements for ongoing training required under the HazCom Standard.
Allyson E. Porter
Ms. Porter is co-founder and Managing Partner at KeikaVentures
, LLC, and has been focused on the topics covered under HazCom and environmental management compliance for over 20 years.
2 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.