This IMDG training applies to any individual who:
- Classifies dangerous goods and identifies goods by proper shipping name;
- Packs, marks, labels, or otherwise prepares containers or packagings for transportation of dangerous goods by vessel;
- Offers/accepts dangerous goods for transport;
- Prepares transport documents for dangerous goods;
- Is responsible for the safety and security of transporting dangerous goods.
Including job titles such as:
- Shipping Clerks;
- Stevedores, Longshoremen, and Dockworkers;
- Port Personnel;
- Cargo Handlers; and
- Freight Forwarders.
Upon completion of this online course, participants should be able to:
- understand and use the IMDG Regulations;
- select proper packaging for dangerous goods;
- properly label and mark dangerous goods containers for shipment;
- complete transport documentation for dangerous goods;
- understand safety and security responsibilities;
- develop appropriate emergency response information to accompany shipments;
- identify all steps needed for compliance.
4 Contact Hours
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.