Each mine operator or contractor must have a written training plan under Part 46 - Miners Engaged in Shell Dredging or Employed at Sand, Gravel, Surface Stone, Surface Clay, Colloidal Phosphate, or Surface Limestone Mines. We will write a plan for you and review the steps you must take to implement it and keep it current.
You can purchase a custom training plan by clicking the Enroll Now button and completing the registration process and providing payment. You'll then login to Eduwhere and click the MSHA Part 46 Training Plan link. We'll ask you a few questions about your operations and then Randy Newcomer (our MSHA guru) will create a training plan just for you.
For help call Toll-Free 866-523-9108
0 Contact Hour
This represents the estimated time to complete the online course, including exercises. Actual times may vary from user to user.
Citation: 30 CFR Part 46.3
30 CFR Part 46.3 Training plans.
(a) You must develop and implement a written plan, approved by us under either paragraph (b) or (c) of this section, that contains effective programs for training new miners and newly hired experienced miners, training miners for new tasks, annual refresher training, and site-specific hazard awareness training.
(b) A training plan is considered approved by us if it contains, at a minimum, the following information:
(1) The name of the production-operator or independent contractor, mine name(s), and MSHA mine identification number(s) or independent contractor identification number(s);
(2) The name and position of the person designated by you who is responsible for the health and safety training at the mine. This person may be the production-operator or independent contractor;
(3) A general description of the teaching methods and the course materials that are to be used in the training program, including the subject areas to be covered and the approximate time or range of time to be spent on each subject area.
(4) A list of the persons and/or organizations who will provide the training, and the subject areas in which each person and/or organization is competent to instruct; and
(5) The evaluation procedures used to determine the effectiveness of training.
(c) A plan that does not include the minimum information specified in paragraphs (b)(1) through (b)(5) of this section must be submitted to and approved by the Regional Manager, Educational Field Services Division, or designee, for the region in which the mine is located. You also may voluntarily submit a plan for Regional Manager approval. You must notify miners or their representatives when you submit a plan for Regional Manager approval. Within two weeks of receipt or posting of the plan, miners and their representatives may also request review and approval of the plan by the Regional Manager and must notify the production-operator or independent contractor of such request.
Refresher Training Required: Not specified.
The course fee entitles a single user to participate in the online course for at least six (6) months. Requests for additional time will be considered on a case-by-case basis, but are almost always honored. Hardcopy certificates are mailed (first class for domestic locations/standard airmail for international locations) and included in the course fee. Expedited shipping costs are additional.
“The content and information was easy to read and understand especially with the provided html links to the CFR and other information. ”Allen W. (Consulting)
“All categorized accordingly, easy to follow and understand.”Josalyn W. (Permanent Cosmetics)
“Clear and concise explanations and the course materials containing hyperlinks to the applicable regulations.”Stephen N. (Consulting)
“Succinct, easy to follow content. Covered a large amount of material in each module without bogging-down in the details.”Philip H. (Medical)
“Easy to read and retain information. Well done course, easy to follow and complete the course. Thanks.”Paula N. (Medical)